The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 31 January 2013

FFF63 - HAWKESBURY DAISY

Brachyscome multifida is a perennial herb in the family Asteraceae. Common names include Cut-leaved Daisy, Rocky Daisy, and Hawkesbury Daisy. The species is endemic to Australia. This species has an erect, matting growth habit growing to 45 cm in height. The foliage is fine and deeply divided, The flowerheads arise above the foliage on 4 to 40 cm long peduncles. The ray florets are mauve, pink or white and are 7 to 10 mm long. The plants main flowerering season is early autumn to mid winter, but the daisy-like flowerheads may appear throughout the year.

Brachyscome multifida occurs on dry, shallow or rocky soils in sclerophyll forest or grassland in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. The species and its cultivars are popular in horticulture, and are used for mass plantings, in hanging baskets, in borders and spilling over retaining walls. They can be grown in a wide range of soils and tolerate dry conditions, but will benefit from supplementary watering. Plants are best situated in a position with full sun, although partial shade is tolerated. Although relatively frost tolerant, foliage may burn.The plants is readily propagated by cuttings which strike readily. Plants may also be propagated by layering or from seed, though germination rate is usually poor.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!

16 comments:

  1. Asters are gorgeous. I love the colour and they bloom long in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's my favorite color! Daisies are so lovely.

    Hello, I'm linking up with FFF for the first time today. I was watching this meme for many months and was enjoying and admiring all the flower photos. I have the FFF badge on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it is blue, whatever plant it is i love! You had crown of thorns last week, i have it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Daisies! Very pretty color! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that beauty in my garden. Love it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers, great colour and picture!!
    Thanks,
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favourite little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that I could take photos as beautiful as yours. Thanks for a fascinating meme.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flower viewing. Wishing you a good Friday / good weekend :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flowers and the color!!

    hugs doris

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blue Daisy is my private favorit, I love it!!!
    Wish you a nice weekend,
    moni

    My photo is here:
    http://www.reflexionblog.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter's name translated in English is Daisy! That tells you how much I like the flower:) Great capture, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty, dainty, bright and cheerful bloom Nick. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete